I want to thank NapoleonSplit for nominating me for my first Liebster Award! Just in the nick of time, too, because I am 5 followers away from having 200. I’ve just recently started following NapoleonSplit’s blog and it is fantastic, so if you love book reviews, please check it out and her own Liebster award post.
The purpose of the Liebster award is to is to recognize and promote new up and coming blogs of a good standard with less than 200 followers (on WordPress). The rules are as follows:
- In a post – answer the questions that your nominator posted for his/her nominees.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Make up 11 new fun questions for your nominees.
- Give some love back to your nominator , include a link back to their blog and their post.
- You must nominate 5-11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers, of course).
- Q: What role has reading played in shaping your daily lifestyle?
A: Reading is one of the most important things in my life. Anytime I’m bored, I have a book to turn to. Anytime I’m anxious, I can distract myself with a book. Anytime I’m sad, I can pick up a book and transform into someone else, anyone else, even for just a little while. Reading has helped me choose a path towards the future. It’s helped me make friends and connect with people. It’s helped me start a blog, which I love very dearly. Reading is so much to me.
- Q: What was your most transformative read in 2015?
A: A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. I can’t really explain it to you, so just go read it.
- Q: If you could travel to any time period, which would you travel to? Why?
A: I would travel back to when the final Harry Potter novel was about to be adapted into a two-part film, and I’d convince the director not to do it, because so many other YA book-to-film adaptations are following suit and it’s killing me.
- Q: What social issues are you most concerned about? (name 3)
A: The 2016 presidential election, the women’s equality movement, and gun control.
- Q: What was your favorite class in college/high school? (Not a general subject)
A: My favorite class in high school was Junior English — my teacher was smart, kind, and encouraged me in every possible way to follow my dreams of becoming a writer. My favorite class in college (so far) was Literature and Media, a class about adaptations. I loved reading books and then watching their various adaptations. My professor was a genius and I love her.
- Q: Name three things that make you happy.
A: Books, my best friend, and my dog.
- Q: Put together a 4-song soundtrack for one of your favorite books.
A: For The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: 1) Elysium by Bear’s Den, 2) Promise by Ben Howard, 3) First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes, and 4) All I Want by Kodaline.
- Q: If you could travel to any place (real/fictional) where would you travel to?
A: I honestly want to travel everywhere, but obviously I’m going to say Hogwarts.
- Q: Name one New Year’s Resolution for 2016.
A: Read 100 books, of course; that’s a resolution every year.
- Q: You are going on a dangerous and thrilling adventure in a location of your choosing. Choose a 5 person crew to accompany you consisting of characters from different books.
A: Han Solo, Jace Wayland, Tobias (Four) Eaton, Katniss Everdeen, and Alisa (AKA Sita)
- Q: Name 3 qualities that make the perfect heroine in a novel.
A: Loyal, brave, and passionate.
My 11 Facts
- I like to paint — not creatively, just like walls and stuff in houses.
- Bath bombs are one of God’s greatest creations.
- I typically won’t see a film adaptation until I read the book first.
- I’ve done so many of these ‘random facts’ things that a lot of my answers are probably going to sound really similar.
- For Christmas I got a Kindle Fire HD 8 and it’s literally the love of my life.
- My best friend, Kristen, is actually the real love of my life.
- I get to move back in to college in two days and I’m more excited than you can imagine.
- My lips are really good at getting chapped.
- Think of the clumsiest person you know and then multiply that by 10 — that is me.
- I work at McDonald’s, and we’re allowed to put pins on our hats, and I have one that I found on the floor that says “#1 Mom” and it irritates everyone because I’m not a mom. I just like the pin.
- I am currently reading The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey in preparation for the movie.
- Dory @ The Fish That Reads
- Jess @ Jess’s Reading Nook
- Emily @ The Little Book Affair
- Student by Day, Reader All Night
- Kelsey @ Don’t Shush Me!
My Questions for You
- Why did you start a blog?
- Did you always intend your blog to be a book blog?
- Do you find it difficult to update your blog, or does the passion come with ease?
- If you could meet any fictional book character, who would you meet and why?
- Do you prefer to be hot or cold?
- What’s your talent?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- Fill in the blank: I am obsessed with ________.
- What’s your favorite food?
- Do you have to place a book-buying limit on yourself when you go into a book store?
- Obviously you knew this question was coming: favorite book?
Also, on a side-note, my previous post was my 100th post on The Ultimate Book Geek, and I just wanted to say how happy I am to have kept blogging for so long. It’s my favorite thing to do (besides reading) and I look forward to reaching 2oo posts.