Hello all! I hope you can tell I’m trying to be more active on my blog again. What Are You Reading Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Its A Reading Thing. To participate, open the book you are currently reading to page 34 (or 34% in your e-book) and answer these three questions. Feel free to leave your answers or a link to your blog post in the comments.
The Questions are:
1. What’s the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34 in your book or 34% in your e-book and share a complete sentence (or two!).
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?
So being the overachiever that I am (or, in other words, the busy English major struggling to find the balance between reading for classes and reading for fun), I am reading three books; however, I am going to write about the one I am reading for fun and trying to finish quickly before the film comes out:
1. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Random Riggs
According to local legend, the woods were crawling with snakes, raccoons, and wild boars. When I pictured my grandfather out there, lost and raving in nothing but his bathrobe, a black feeling welled up in me. Every other week there was a news story about some geriatric citizen tripping into a retention pond and being devoured by an alligator. The worst-case scenario wasn’t hard to imagine.
3. I’m only on page 70, so I haven’t really gotten to the “good parts” of the book yet. So far I’ve only seen the old photographs and come across an evil murderous monster thing. So as of right now, I’m not so sure I’d want to live in this world. I do relate to Jacob’s extraordinary life, so on one hand it would be cool to go on this adventure he’s about to partake in, but at the same time, I dunno, I don’t really wanted to be hunted down by some evil monster thing.