Alright guys, it’s that time of the month again! And no, it’s a lot happier than what is usually associated with once-a-month occasions. Ahem. It’s my monthly OwlCrate!!! It’s my second time receiving a box, but I was just as excited for this one as I was with my first. I convinced a friend to also subscribe to this magical box and she got her shipping notification before I did, so I was terrified that it wouldn’t come, but alas, my fears were for nothing. This month’s theme was Once Upon a Dream and it certainly felt like a dream come true opening it. Here’s what we got (and be sure to click on the links to learn more!):
– – –
- Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter
- Along with a note from the author and a gorgeous accompanying temporary tattoo
- A cute Sleeping Beauty-themed charm bracelet from The Geeky Cauldron — exclusive to this box, so you can’t find it anywhere else!
- A Wizard of Oz passport (AKA mini-notebook) from The Unemployed Philosopher’s Guild
- A super cute fabric button bookmark from My Heart My Tribe (couldn’t find a link to her site or store, so if anyone happens upon one, please let me know!) — apparently there was more than one design sent out, so I’d love to see some other patterns that people got!
- A fantastic-looking Peter Pan beanie from Whosits & Whatsits. I can’t really pull off the beanie look, but I’m sure as hell going to try… I absolutely adore it!
- A Sleeping Beauty-esque spindle button
- A bookmark advertising Jennifer Wilson’s YA dystopian series, New World, which I’m definitely going to check out sometime soon…
So there you have it! October’s box was a total success, in my opinion. Anyone else subscribe to OwlCrate? If so, please let me know your reaction! If not, what the hell are you doing with your life!? Subscribe immediately! Unless, of course, you’re short on cash and are more responsible than I am…in which case, please subscribe as soon as you’re financially able to, because I promise you won’t regret it. I mean, don’t you want to look this cute wearing a Peter Pan beanie? Yeah, like I said, I cannot pull of the beanie look… So at least get it for yourself and look better in it than I do! Anyway, I am beyond excited to read this month’s book. Though I’m still trudging my way through September’s book (not that it’s bad, it’s just a slow read, and I’m bogged down in my readings for my classes), I’m hoping to read this one soon. It’s inspired by Russian folklore and is said to be a preeeeetty weird book. I’m all about weird.
Ah yes, and here’s your sneak peak at next month’s theme…
Literally no one is more excited than I am about this box. I adore Alice in Wonderland and cannot wait to see what this box has in store. Until next time, happy reading, folks! And, as always…